Mike Ditka said any real or perceived acrimony between him and the Bears organization has been "Swept under the carpet" following the formal retirement of his No. 89 jersey Monday night at Soldier Field. "I saw Virginia and she looks wonderful," Ditka said of the daughter of Bears founder George Halas. Former Bears linebacker Otis Wilson, a key member of the '85 Bears, lauded Ditka's qualities as a coach and motivator. "I respect him for that and it came true. I kept saying: 'I am going to be one of those guys who is going to be here.' And he has been a consummate professional. I've got no problem with Mike Ditka. I mean, I had a chip on my shoulder when I played. I only wish the guys played like we did back in the day. But it's a different game now and Mike's getting his just due. I'm happy for him."
Source: CHICAGO TRIBUNE
Swirl >>
Photos Bears retire Ditkas number - CHICAGO TRIBUNE
Bears Beat Cowboys 4528 on Ditka Day - ABC
Bears offense sizzles in 4528 rout of Cowboys - CHICAGO TRIBUNE
4th quarter Bears 45 Cowboys 28 - CHICAGO TRIBUNE
Bears rout Cowboys - CHICAGO TRIBUNE
Bears win 4528 - CHICAGO TRIBUNE
No comments:
Post a Comment